We were thrilled to have so many dancers join us for our Nutcracker Choreography Workshops this fall and are planning to offer another opportunity for our spring season. Read on for details:
The CYB Artistic Team will cast our dancers to create a filmed MAD HATTER TEA PARTY. This will involve modifying parts of our full-length storybook ballet, Alice in Wonderland, to tell a portion of the story using fewer dancers (socially distanced and masked) filmed in small sections for a 20-minute video.
This opportunity is open to all dancers who meet the requirements outlined below:
- Aspiring Members: For dancers in 3rd grade – age 11 who attend a minimum of 1 ballet class per week (in person or virtually) at the studio of your choice.
- Apprentice Members: For dancers ages 11 and older who attend a minimum of 2 ballet classes and 1 pointe class per week (in person or virtually) at the studio of their choice.
- Company Dancers: For dancers who demonstrate proficiency on pointe, typically age 13 and older. Dancers must attend a minimum of 3 ballet classes and 1 pointe class per week (in person or virtually) at the studio of their choice.
- Casting placement for this project is at the discretion of the Artistic Team and is based primarily on demonstrated technique achievement. Dancer placement levels in future productions will be determined via the audition process and dancer proficiency and class load at that time.
- The advancement of and into Apprentice/Company will be held in September of 2021 during Auditions.
- Dancers new to CYB or dancers that did not participate in Fall Program are welcome to register for Spring Program. CYB will work with you on your appropriate level to enter Spring Program.
Rehearsals will run for 8 weekends (Friday evenings or Saturday afternoons depending on casting) from January 22, 2021 – March 13, 2021 (the specific schedule will be determined by casting). Attendance at all rehearsals is mandatory. Dancers will be in costumes and fittings will take place the second week of rehearsals. Filming will be scheduled to adhere to social distancing and gathering size regulations. Dress rehearsal will be the weekend before March 13th filming.
Due to the performance component of our spring program, Zoom will not be offered at this time.
The performance fee for all dancers is $150. All dancers will need to sign and submit a waiver of liability prior to taking part in the production.
For the safety of all, CYB and CSB will adhere to state mandates, including social distancing protocols. This includes spacing, hand washing, wearing masks, and disinfecting barres and all high tough surfaces regularly. Temperatures will be taken of all dancers each week and the lobby will remain closed to limit the number of people present at any given time.
Please complete Registration by December 18th.
PLEASE NOTE: All CYB programming is contingent on COVID-19 infection rates and state safety protocols. Adjustments to, postponement of and/or cancellation may be necessary as we will adhere to all state and local regulations for the safety of everyone. In addition, filming is contingent on the number of dancers participating. If CYB alters the program, you will be notified of the new plan and may choose to withdraw at that time.